We head out tonight - I can't really believe it.
First, an update on Dad. His breathing tubes are out! They took them out today, much to my surprise, and so far he's doing OK. He seems to be a lot more alert today, too. With his eyes, he's following his sister around the room, and he was able to move his left side more. This is great news!
A lot of people are asking if I'm excited for our trip. I'm definitely a bit excited, but I am also kind of dreading it. I hesitate to write that, because I don't want Mebira to read this in the future and think we didn't want her. We totally do, and we love her already...but I know that this trip, and the future transition will be hard...and I'm already exhausted. It will all be worth it in the end, I know, but I really like our life right now. Our life is so easy, and the girls are so independent...and things are so smooth. The thought of those long flights, the time change, the initial few months of language issues, the potential food issues, sleep issues, medical concerns like parasites and skin fungus, the transition home, the relationship among the 3 girls, managing school, integrating her into family and friends...there is so much to think about.
One thing I've learned through Dad's situation, and through the wonderful example of Brenda, Lynelle and Arvid, is to just take it one hour at a time. So I will do my best to do that in the coming weeks. One thing I can say for sure - I am so thankful I'm not in this alone. Arvid is the best husband ever, we have amazing friends and family and church family, and God is my ultimate support. With God, all things are possible. And I can rely on His power and His strength to hold me.
I'm taking the following verse with me on this trip, "DO NOT FEAR for I AM with you. DO NOT BE DISMAYED for I AM your God. I will STRENGTHEN you and HELP you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10. All glory to God!
All of the very best Anita. I'll be praying for you, and hoping that everything goes perfectly!
ReplyDeleteMany blessings, and love,
Ruth
So excited for you!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful trip Anita. I wish I could be with you like last time.
ReplyDeleteYou'll be in our prayers every day! I hope you have a wonderful trip, and I know God will give you the grace and resources to make it through whatever comes your way. We will be praying for Mebira, your older girls, and both of you as you get used to being a family. Can't wait to hear how it goes! :)
ReplyDelete