Hi everyone. We have made it safely to Addis. I am sooo relieved to be here. The flights went so much better than I could have hoped for. Some may see it as coincidence, but to me it was like a little gift from God saying that He will be with me and will help me in all the details. On the Edmonton to London flight we managed to each get our own row of 3 seats so we were able to lie down, stretch out and sleep about 5 hours. We had a 7 hour delay in London, which dragged on a bit but was OK, and our flight to Addis was pretty good because we were in an exit row so we had HUGE legroom. I managed to sleep about 4 hours on that one and am not feeling sick at all. It is night and day from our last trip to Addis. I don't think I'll nap today but will just have a shower and then hopefully do some shopping.
There is a national holiday in Ethiopia today so I'm not sure if the stores will be open, but we will drive around and see the action, if nothing else. It has been so fun to see the KVI staff again, and to see Drew and Liesl again (who were here with us at court). I just finished an omelet, fruit salad bowl and 2 cups of Ethiopian coffee. I am ready to go!
For those checking for updates on Dad, he had a tracheomy (sp?) today. He is doing well, is able to lift his arms and is much more alert. Such good news! (Thanks, Lynelle, for keeping us posted!)
Until later...
Happy to know that you arrived safe. Enjoy your trip to Sodo. Say hi for me to Lisel. I wish so much I could be with all of you.
ReplyDelete