Wednesday, May 25, 2011

One more sleep!

Tomorrow's the big day - we take off tomorrow night!

I'm exhausted so I'll be brief but I know some of you are relying on this for updates on Dad. I went with the girls after school today and he slept through the whole visit but I got to have a nice chat with Brenda while he napped. Thankfully, though, by the time Arvid arrived after work he was more alert so they were able to communicate a bit. Dad squeezed his hand a few times in response to questions and was able to move his whole right foot during the nurse's assessment. There still seems to be little to no movement on the left side.

We are packing like crazy - our 2 donation suitcases are ready to go, and we've split our clothes and Mebi's clothes into the two other suitcases...but we are so tight for space and weight right now. I think our carry-ons are going to end up weighing a ton. I guess I'll get a good workout in, which is good, because I've been eating way too much lately!

I'm going to head to bed - I will soak up tonight because it will be my last good sleep until Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. So exciting! Wishing you safe travels and praying that you will be able to leave your father-in-law in God's hands and not take that worry with you.

    ReplyDelete