Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Prayers, Please

Unfortunately, we received news that Arvid's dad had a brain aneurysm yesterday. Considering that Arvid's mom passed away from a brain aneurysm 15 years ago, this was a very terrifying experience.

We spent all day and evening at the hospital yesterday. After undergoing two surgeries, they were able to clamp the artery. He is still heavily sedated, and will be doing more scans this morning before determining when they can wake him up.

I ask for your prayers:
  • For healing for Arvid's dad. He is at a higher risk of stroke right now, as well as numerous other complications.
  • For peace for the family and patience as we wait for results and the impact this may have had on him. At best, he will be out in 2-3 weeks...but it could also be much longer if rehab is involved.
  • I feel so selfish to ask this, but I only have 8 days before we leave (assuming we still go then), and have so much to do I just can't wrap my head around it, so I am asking for prayer for me. I was hoping to be able to spend time organizing the house, leaving work at the office all tied up, packing gifts for staff and caregivers, doing crash courses in Amharic, having her room organized, making sure she has all the right clothes, maybe even enjoying an afternoon out by myself...and right now I feel like I'll be lucky to just stay on top of laundry at home, answer emails at work, and throw some stuff in suitcases before we go. I am a planner and not a fly by the seat of your pants kind of person...this chaos before leaving is not going well for me. :-)
Anyway, thanks for listening...I have to run!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Anita, We definitley are praying for your father-in-law. I also am praying for you. You and I have similar traits. I also am a planner and do not thrive at all in chaos. I also am wondering for myself if our girls rooms are totally ready, clothes, etc. I think we both have to take a step back. If she has a bed and something to wear, she'll be fine. She won't know if her room or clothes weren't the perfect picture that you were envisioning. I need to keep reminding myself of this too. There is no perfect! Just try to keep rested if you can. That will probably be the most helpful to you now. love you and miss you, ~Liesl

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heavy time and scary time for your family. I will be praying.

    I don't know if this helps or not, but when we went to pick our kids up (during Imagine's bankruptcy), we did not even have beds for them. We came home to beds in their rooms (thanks to family and friends who got beds and linens and painted rooms while we were gone). All the frenzied last minute stuff was not ideal and was stressful, but it worked out in the end.

    Where do you live? (if you're not comfortable posting here, e-mail me at oursevenblessingsATgmailDOTcom.)

    I will be praying for your father-in-law and for your family and for your upcoming trip. Remember to breathe and to take one hour at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What devastating news for you guys...praying for a quick recovery and God's strength during this time.
    Love Andrea

    ReplyDelete