Hi - we got more pictures of Mebira today. She doesn't look very thrilled with the idea. I'm so glad to get these pictures, but sad that she's not smiling. I wonder what went on that day...was she not feeling well, did something happen to make her sad, did she want to wear a different outfit, or play instead of standing for a picture, or did someone say something, or was she grieving all she has lost, or was she afraid or worried about the future? They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I would love to have a thousand words with this picture to explain more about her...what is she like and what does she like, how does she get along with the other kids, how is she adjusting to the changes, is she excited, is she nervous, is she angry, is she sad?
We'll have to wait 5.5 to 11.5 weeks to find out all about her. In the meantime, they're obviously feeding her well. When she was brought into the orphanage in August she weighed 27.5 pounds, she is now already 35 pounds. Wow, she's going to catch up to Elizabeth right away! She's 110cm tall...I'll have to ask some of my fellow mothers of 5 year olds how tall their daughters are so that I can compare. :-)
Well, I'm off to clean my kitchen. I've had the busiest 2 weeks...and I'm so happy to spend the morning cleaning. Since I DETEST cleaning, you know things have been too busy if I am actually excited about cleaning. :-)

I'm glad you got your updated pictures of Mebira. I'm sorry she's not smiling. Maybe someday she'll be able to share about what she was feeling that day. Ruhamah, who we believe to be 5 or 6 is 109 cm. I think it's a size 6? Thinking about you guys and praying for your daughter. ~Liesl
ReplyDeleteAnita,
ReplyDeleteI didn't know if you knew (because I didn't), but at one month Hanna does a 1 month intake form of your child. It's basically answers to a series of questions, what food do they like, do they play well with other kids, do they have any behavioral issues, etc.
It's very interesting, and yet I hesitate to try and draw too many personality traits from it, as I am just certain it's going to set me up for disaster!! Although, it did inform us that Wubalem is having accidents, and I would have never even thought to pack pull-ups if we didn't know that.
It is SO hard not to start to form a little personality wrapped around those pictures and intake forms though! Wubalem is always smiling in her pics, and so the idea that I have started to form around her is that she is a happy, easy-going kid...but then I try to remind myself, maybe she just happens to like the person who took her picture, because the last thing I want to have is expectations as to how she will be!
It must break your heart to see the sad little face, I totally get why it would be nice to have a smiling picture, it puts your mind at ease!
She is so beautiful Anita! And hopefully, you won't be waiting much longer!
as for size, Wubalem is 107 cm tall and 39 lbs at 5 1/2. 107 cm is the same height as my 4 year old who is in size 4 and some size 5.
Flora
Wow, Flora. I didn't know that and it clarifies a lot. I thought that was something that happened with Imagine, and that it wouldn't happen anymore with MoT. I'm so glad that I'll get more info later...except I think she's been there a month already...maybe at the next update?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info, Flora!