Well, after 27 hours we made it home! The last 3 hours were difficult for me again...I was having some intestinal issues (likely from the malaria medicine) and let's just say that having the bathroom 20 rows back was not a pleasant thing! :-)
We arrived home at 1ish and were so excited to see the girls (and my parents) at the airport! We came home for about an hour, then drove to a lawyer's to get our updated undertaking notarized, then we couriered it off...there goes another $350 for lawyer, courier and embassy!
We managed to stay awake until 7, then fell asleep the second our eyes closed. I woke up at 3, but managed to fall asleep again until 6:15. I am happy to be home and to have slept so long - we were getting used to sleeping with so many sounds (dogs, cars, cats, Muslim call to worship, etc.) that it is so nice to have silence again!
Anyway, we are so glad to be home and so thankful for your support over this time. I will be editing posts to include pictures and provide more info on our travels up north. I will also update it when we get info on our court dates...so check back again sometime! :-)
Awesome site!!!! thanks for the invite....
ReplyDeleteHi Guys... it's Roni here... I guess on Jordan's account
Welcome home Anita - glad you made it back.
ReplyDeleteSounds like your first day back was like ours - getting documents signed, notarized and shipped out! Also, I've struggled with stomach issues for three of the four days we've been back...I think I'm finally better...mostly.
I've just started posting with pictures on my blog, and have a long ways to go yet. It's fun to look back.
Look forward to seeing pics of your travel up north!
Was great to meet you in Addis.
BLessings,
Ruth
Okay, WHY didn't I know you had a blog???! How great to "see" you again! I'm looking forward to reading great news on here soon! :)
ReplyDelete