Well, I'm feeling a bit nervous today. The next 12 days will be lifechanging, I'm sure.
Arvid got up at 6 this morning, and I decided I should wake up, too. Yes, me, awake at 6 am. Personally, I think 6:00 is one of those times of day you should only see once, but I'm hoping by getting up that early that I'll be extra tired and be able to sleep on the plane tonight.
We're off to church, then a quick lunch, then to the airport for our flight to London. We have an 11 hour delay there (we've booked a day hotel so we can shower/nap/stretch out) and then we have another long flight to Ethiopia. We arrive there at 7:30ish am on Tuesday morning Ethiopian time. Yes, Tuesday morning. I am SOOO dreading this flight but really excited to be able to see Mebira.
The overflowing of support and well wishes has been amazing. We feel so cared for and are blessed. Two friends (thanks Caroline and LuAnne!) and my mom also gave me verses, which are so encouraging. I've posted them here:
Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know".
She also said "It's our job to pray, it's His job to answer, Trust Him to do His job!"
Psalm 138:3 "When I pray, God answers me. He encourages me by giving me the strength I need."
Isaiah 40: 31 "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
I will carry those with me and read them often. One thing about this trip is it is bringing me literally to my knees in prayer. As much as I don't like things to be out of my control, I think that's when God has me where he wants me. :-)
I'll try to post again en route if possible. Until then...
Oh, Anita! I am so so excited for you!!! I know there is a big chance court will be rescheduled, but maybe if that happens, know that you will still be meeting your daughter on this trip! Wow! I hope you have an amazing experience and that you stay safe!
ReplyDeleteClaire
I hope you have a great trip!
ReplyDeleteexcited for you and praying for court!
ReplyDelete