Friday, February 4, 2011

Court

Well, we found out another family in the same predicament as us didn't pass court yesterday...so our chances are pretty slim. I'm a bit grumpy about it because OUR BIRTHDATE DIDN'T CHANGE...only the date of the certificate...and this is one of those changes we got caught right in the middle of. But there's nothing we can do and at least I'm prepared for it.

We do have a backup plan, though which I'm hoping will help. If we don't pass court, we've been in touch with a tour agency and hope to do some last minute touring around northern Ethiopia. We'll make the best of it and explore as much of the country as we can...and have a bottle of champagne ready at home for the day we do pass court. Hmmm...except I don't really like champagne that much...maybe I'll have a fizzy can of coke instead. :-)

3 comments:

  1. hello :) found you off of ruths blog. sure hoping that a miracle occurs in both your court and ruth's court date coming up. it is SO frustrating how things keep changing..but you're so right! God IS in control of even this! A great idea to have plan B and a chance to see the country side. I'd love to hear what tour company you are going thru...
    Are you travelling at the same time as ruth? wishing all the best to you! Darci (#36 on "the list"...waiting and hoping!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How long does IA estimate it will take for your new Stat. Declaration?? I sure hope it makes it there in time!!!!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure...I heard 3 weeks somewhere but don't quote me on it. I just hope it makes it in time for the next court date, if we don't pass this one!

    ReplyDelete