Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In Addis

Hi all.  We finally made it to Addis this morning.  Our last flight was good (quiet and smooth) but we still only slept about 3 hours and I was ready to go crazy by the end.  After a very exhausted morning (I did nap 1 hour), and a bit of an emotional adjustment, we ended up having a good day.  KVI is really nice - our room has a closet, bed, small table and attached bathroom, and the staff here is fantastic.

The weather is quite warm, with a breeze.  We have had a great time catching up with all of the other adoptive families here.  At the KVI there are 3 other families here for court, and 2 additional families have picked up their kids so it's been really neat to compare notes and observe how the first few days are going for those with their new kids.

Tomorrow we'll do some shopping in the morning and then see Mebira in the afternoon.  We've heard that they're quite strict about interacting with Mebira...we won't be able to hold her or interact with her at all.  I'm hoping we can still see a bit of her personality - I'm so curious as to what she's like.

Friday we have court (Thursday night for you)...I'm still really hoping and praying we'll pass.

Well, it's just about 7 and that's about as long as I can keep my eyes open.  We're going to head to bed and I'll update again after we've met Mebira.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the updates Anita and Arvid. I can't wait to hear what's next! Love and prayers, Laura

    ReplyDelete