Friday, April 27, 2012

Still chugging

Thanks to those of you who still check out this blog.  I'm amazed at some of my other on-line friends who can think of something wise or witty to share almost every day.  I feel like my well has run dry!!  :-)

Life has been going well but it is feeling full.  I'm thankfully still feeling pretty balanced (work is going great!) and am enjoying checking things off the list (AWANA is done, piano will be next and then...aah...no more school).  But between school, work, volunteering, various appointments and meetings, family get togethers, working out, and Arvid being extraordinarily busy at work, the days just fly by.

I don't know if it's because of the snow (yes, it snowed AGAIN this morning) or if it's because of the numerous issues going on in so many lives of people around me (mental issues, marital issues, death of a loved one) but I just have this feeling of heaviness.  (Does anyone have any good news they feel like sharing with me?)  I'm loving life right now in my own little bubble but realize that there is such hurt out there...and it just makes me want to treasure and cocoon and soak up this day for I just don't know what is around the corner.  Thankfully, as reminded by a friend this week, although sometimes it feels like God takes a lunch break, He IS in control and is sovereign. 

Whew - that was getting deep...and to think I just planned on writing to say we're still alive.  :-)  We are having a home date tonight - I fed the kids first and then they got to watch a movie while Arvid and I ate some Thai food he brought home (YUM!).  Now they're in bed so we will continue our deep conversation about what has gone wrong in the world around us!  Or maybe we'll just watch a recorded American Idol.  :-)

4 comments:

  1. Don't you be thinking of stopping your blog Anita!! I feel like I can't bear to lose touch about what's happening in your lives, just given that we and our kids are somehow connected.

    I still blog regularly, but for me it's a bit of sanity to be able to do it. It's one of my primary outlets - where I can write (which I love) and where I can feel like I'm doing something worthwhile by chronicling bits of our lives etc etc. Anyway, it's still working for me.

    I'm glad that, despite what's happening around you, things are going well and that you're managing a fairly balanced life. That's great!!

    And now you're making me crave the Thai food that comes out of a fabulous restaurant just a few minutes from here!!

    BLessings, Anita, and hugs,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruth. I always love reading your blog and seeing what your kids are up to, too. If you ever head west you know who to call! :-)

      Delete
  2. After my week I hope I'm not the one with mental issues you refer to!!! We have to enjoy our moments of joy. Be thankful for our amazing lives. And remember " with all it's shams, drudgery and broken dreams it's still a beautiful world ." (from desiderata). As selfless as you are you must remember that others don't want you to feel their pain for them. Don't feel guilty to enjoy your life and your blessings. Love b:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, B. No, don't worry, I wasn't referring to you. You are a ray of sunshine in my day. :-) Looking forward to our pedicures!

      Delete