
(Above) We took the yarn braids out after 3 weeks. I loved them and once they were in they were sooooo easy! But I did miss playing with her hair and trying new styles. This is still one of my favourite styles on her. Look at those beautiful curls at the back! But she doesn't like any part of her hair in an afro - she thinks it looks messy and asks for braids...so this only stayed for one day.

(Above) She coloured this picture, and at the top she wrote "I love Mom". Her spontaneous expression of love is coming more and more often and I treasure each one. The other day she said she loved me and I asked if she loved me a little bit or lots and lots? And she replied that she loved me lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots...

(Above) What can I say...our girls have loved the Disney princesses. E decided to draw each one - so cute!

(Above) I decided to try a new style - the veil style. So far it has been in 3 days and looks as good as the first. I think it will get easier as her hair gets longer...I'm having a bit of trouble with adding the last of the first braid into the new braid...it's short and sticks out a bit. I think I'll add a bead next time at each connection and that should make it a bit smoother. I did it around her whole head but may just do the veil style on the top and box braids in the back next time. All in all, I think it's a pretty cute style.

Great pictures. It is obvious that the girls love art and have an artistic side. And her hair... What can I say? You have impressed me beyond belief!! Stunning!!!
ReplyDeleteLove b:)
Wow! Aren't you the dark horse, secretly an African hair styling guru?! I'm totally amazed at your skill... these styles look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteAnd my goodness, E. has some pretty wicked drawing skills -- I can tell exactly which princess is which without the captions. Pretty impressive! :)
Wow! I haven't tried the veil braid style yet. I'm not really sure how to do that. I'll have to googled it. You did a great job! I'm thinking of adding a "hair" photo section to our fb page... Miss you guys!
ReplyDelete~Liesl