Sunday, June 5, 2011

Some favourite pictures

Our first view of Mebira

Alphabet practice
Praying before bed the first night. Here she repeated after me, often she just sits quietly
Fun at the playground
A rare moment of sitting still at the playground
Dad and daughter #3 - so cute
Yummy fruit bowls - a hit with all of us!
Getting her hair done on the last day - she sat so still!
Watching the Amharic DVD at the airport

The 3 girls together - home at last!

5 comments:

  1. I loved seeing the picture of the three girls together!

    You did a fabulous job of Mebira's hair...I am really impressed! Did she like it?

    WELCOME HOME SCHIMKE FAMILY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Anita. Welcome home. Wonderful pictures..beautiful family..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I love this post! So many firsts!

    (a) I'm constantly amazed at how many Ethiopian-born children physically resemble their adoptive parents. Mebira actually looks a bit like you & Arvid!!!
    (b) TOTALLY love the hairstyle -- how long did that take Zenaba? That girl has so many talents... I miss her!

    So glad to see your family all together at last!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just catching up here on your awesome posts! I am so glad you are ahead of me on this journey. By the time I bring my 4+ daughter home, you will be able to tell me how to walk the fine line of attachment and behaviour management/sibling bonding!!!!

    Awesome pictures!

    Welcome home!!!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sharla. I wish I could take the credit - the cook at the guesthouse did her hair for me. Unfortunately, Mebi was so wiggly on the airplanes that it only lasted about 3 days so I took the braids out today. The most I've done is wash it and comb it...today it's just in a cute little 'fro. I'll have to work on hairstyles next...but am enjoying the ease of the 'fro for now!

    ReplyDelete