Saturday, June 4, 2011

In London

We have made it to London. We have a 9 hours layover here before we board the last plane for another 9 hours home.

We left the guesthouse at 10 and hung out at the aiport until we boarded at 12:30. Mebira did great at the airport - she did some shopping with me and played her Leapster (she's ADDICTED to that!). The flight could have been better. She was very hyper in the plane and refused to sleep. She pushed every button (light, flight attendant, TV) over and over, put the table up and down, up and down and continually pushed on the seat in front of her. Thankfully, there was no one in the seat in front of her, but we were so tired and couldn't believe she was so wired. Arvid told her sternly a number of times that it was time to sleep, but she was way too wiggly. I ended up holding her in a fetal position and she finally fell asleep around 4. Her legs were on Arvid and she kicked lots while she slept. A few times I looked over and she had one leg up high on his shoulder, foot near his face, and the other leg stretched out on his lap. I couldn't help but laugh about it...it looked really funny. We probably all only slept about 1-2 hours, but we're holding up amazingly well. I think we're just so excited to be heading home.

Another 5.5 hours until we board and then I really hope she'll be more settled and that we can sleep. Can't wait to be home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment