Wednesday, April 13, 2011

In the visa line-up...almost

We received good news that the last of our documentation (court documents and passport) were completed today. It only took 3 weeks post court to get this together, which is pretty impressive. These documents will be shipped along with the birth certificate to Canadian Immigration in Nairobi. Once there, we will be in the official visa wait. Timelines have ranged from 4 weeks to about 16 weeks, with the more recent visas taking about 9 weeks. We're still hoping to be able to travel in July, but August could happen as well.

The most nerve-wracking part of this is that we can't plan ahead. We will likely find out on a Monday or Tuesday if the visa has been approved, and then we can go immediately to pick her up. I can't imagine how crazy that week will be...but knowing me, I'll start packing suitcases a little bit already in the next few weeks. :-)

So excited to be yet another step closer!!

2 comments:

  1. Is this for a PRV or Cit. Visa?

    I sure hope it comes soon!!!!!!!!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're going PRV. Our medical has already been sent to Nairobi. It seems that PRV is a bit slower than CIT lately but I hope that it's a negligible difference now that her medical is already complete.

    ReplyDelete