Wednesday, April 27, 2011

FINALLY waiting for a visa

Well, I'm happy to report that I just got the news that our file finally made it to Nairobi today. YAH! I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I have tried not to let it get to me, but I know it has been weighing on me and it feels SOOO much better now!

We're going PRV and the last visa issued for PRV was 6 weeks. That seemed to be an anomaly, though and I'm not expecting it to be that fast...although I sure would love it. I'm anticipating it to be closer to 12 weeks...but somewhere within 6 to 12 weeks we will hopefully be on our way to go get Mebira. I can't believe it! YAH!!

Just for fun, here is the tracking info...although it's the 27th here as I write this, it arrived in Nairobi on the 28th (due to the time change) and took less than 24 hours.

4/28/2011 6:27 am Arrived at DHL facility. Nairobi, Kenya
5:32 am Depart Facility Nairobi, Kenya
5:32 am Processed at DHL Location. Nairobi, Kenya
4/27/2011 11:36 pm Processed at DHL Location. Nairobi, Kenya
7:19 pm Transit through DHL facility Nairobi, Kenya
1:10 pm Depart Facility Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
12:55 pm Processed at DHL Location. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
11:55 am Shipment picked up Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah, now that's what I'm talking about! BRING IT, BABY!!!

    I was washing the blender today and suddenly remembered drinking those mango smoothies at Kaladies. Yummo! I'm so jealous that you're going back to Ethiopia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Anita - I'm so glad for you. I'm hoping for a six-week turnaround for you!!!!!!!!

    Ahhhh - the last wait before you can go get her!!!!!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete