Friday, April 22, 2011

Confession Friday, April 22

Today, being Good Friday, is a good day for confessions.
  • I confess I always find it strange when it's sunny on Good Friday. It's one of those days where I feel like it should be overcast and raining. Today was a beautiful day - but I never complain if it's miserable on Good Friday - it just seems right somehow.
  • I confess that I had a frustrating week. Our documents have been complete, but our file has not yet been sent to Ethiopia. After 8 days of trying to find out why (a complete frustration in itself), I found out they are waiting for a Letter of No Objection from the Alberta government. I have no idea why they thought we needed a second one...I sent them the first one we got and hope that will get the ball rolling again. In the meantime I guess we'll spend the $100ish courier cost again and get another LONO just in case.
  • I confess that I compare myself to others too much. We passed court the same day as two other families, and received each document the same day as these families. Yet their files are in Nairobi while ours sits on a desk somewhere, with at least a 2-3 week delay (I hope that's all it is!) after our docs were complete and before our file gets to Nairobi. I confess it is a useless exercise to do this...and there are so many other people who have it so much harder than we do, yet I tend not to compare myself with them. :-) I don't just do this with adoption, when I switch lines at Costco because mine is going too slow, I always keep track of where I was to see if I made a good move. Same thing when I'm driving. I really need to break this habit!
  • I confess I'm a tiny bit jealous but also so happy for our friends who received their visa this week. They had court 2 days before us, but they passed while we didn't, and they can go and get their daughter this week!! Wow, that could have been us! But on the other hand, I need to trust in God's timing. We are all so busy right now that it would be chaotic to bring her home...we will be much more relaxed and free in the summer. As much as I'd love to get her now if I could, I also want to enjoy these next few months. We have a few camping trips planned and some trips to the mountains, and one last weekend for Arvid and I to spend in Banff for our Anniversary...without the kids!
  • I confess that I have the nicest friend in the world. I was having a miserable day yesterday, and she popped over with 2 new pairs of prescription glasses for me because she thought I needed some spring colours. Granted, she owns an eyeglass store (check them out at Venus Eye Boutique for fantastic glasses!!) but that is just over the top! Needless to say my miserable day really turned out much better after that!
  • I confess that balancing two jobs is a bit much, especially when the weeks are short like these next two weeks. I'm glad I have such an understanding family though, who don't get mad and help pick up the slack when I'm working on the weekend.
  • I confess I'm going to go watch Survivor right now...Arvid is waiting so I have to run!
Happy Easter to all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter!

    I don't get this new LONO thing...I hope that by the time my turn comes, MoT will 'get it' more and things will be clearer.

    Hope things move quicker for you!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anita,

    I hope your LONO gets sorted out quickly and your documents get to Nairobi. I totally understand how you feel. I compare myself to others as well. Don't be so hard on yourself. In the grand scheme of things, if this is your worst vice, your doing ok. Keep smiling. I'm hoping & praying your daughter comes home soon

    ReplyDelete