Thursday, May 31, 2012

We picked her up one year ago today!



Hard to believe we only picked up Mebira one year ago.  One year ago today we got her from the Transition Home.  She was quiet and shy and reserved...and one year later she is none of those things!

Our first view of her

She wasn't so sure at first and kept fiddling with the tags on her new stuffy

Warming up a little bit

First picture with Dad

Saying goodbye

Joy at finding lots of new toys we brought

Practicing letters outside

So happy to see some friends from the Transition Home.  Check out her belly. :-)

These videos are out of order and I'm having difficulty moving them - look at the bottom one first.  It's a video of when she first came to us.  The video above is while we were visiting with her still at the Transition House.




4 comments:

  1. Ah, the memories! She's changed so much in one year. I'm glad we can share these memories with you. We miss you!
    ~Liesl
    ps. I couldn't get the videos to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love it! What a long way we've all come, huh? Congratulations on one year together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One year and yet I cannot remember a time without your three girls. It was so meant to be. I am so joyful for your family and for mebi too. I'm SO grateful I've been able to experience it all with you. You are amazing mama!!!!! Love b

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many memories...so many changes. We picked up Chernet and Tesfanesh a week earlier on May 25. It is strange. Sometimes I feel like it has been forever and sometimes I can't believe that a year has gone by.
    Lianne

    ReplyDelete