We had the privilege of seeing the Watoto choir again on Saturday night. The last few years we have attended and dreamed of the day we could bring our Ethiopian child...and we were thrilled go this year and show Mebira. She seemed to enjoy it quite a bit although she seemed a bit uncomfortable at times. I'm not sure if it was because they all looked like her and she was surrounded by a bunch of caucasians and maybe didn't feel like she was a part of either group...or if it was because the children openly talked about having lost their parents and it brought back memories for her.
In any case, if you haven't seen them they are touring across Canada right now. I love the choir and highly recommend checking them out. An earlier version of the choir sang with Chris Tomlin on his Hello Love cd. You can find more info here
I've pasted one of my favourite songs that they sing below:
No comments:
Post a Comment