Yes, I'm still alive. I am SOOO tired, though. We are officially into the swing of routine now. We tried to keep our schedule fairly free this year due to the adoption, but it's amazing how school alone can just tire you out. G is getting quite a bit of homework now, and when you add piano practicing, piano lessons and AWANA on top of it there really isn't much time between school and bed.
Mebira is enjoying school for the most part. She loved it the first few weeks but is starting to realize that a whole week is long, and that you do have to do some work in school. I feel bad for her because I know the language is a bit of a struggle and this feels a bit like teaching your kid to swim by throwing her in the deep end, but I know she's a quick learner and is picking things up so well already. The school and teachers are great, too. I know if she gets too overwhelmed I can easily pull her out for a bit and do staggered days, etc.
G&E had their birthday on Friday so we had a great day celebrating with them. We went to my mom's for lunch and then went out for supper and to the Lion King in 3D that night. That was Mebira's first movie theatre experience, and first time with the 3D. She took her glasses off at times if it was too intense, and kept trying to take them on and off to just figure it out at the beginning. It is very fun to do all of these firsts with her.
Saturday we had G&E's birthday party. Honestly, those parties take a lot out of me. I don't know why, but I am NOT cut out to be a birthday party planner. I start stressing about it weeks before (where do we do it? who should we invite? what treat bag stuff should I get?) and then the day itself nearly does me in. I'm so glad our 2 bio girls were born on the same day! At some point we'll probably separate the birthdays, but for now it's just one party and one cake!
I'll include some pictures later...for now I just wanted to say that we're still alive and well!
OK, I had to laugh about your feelings about b-day parties. I HATE doing b-day parties. Over the years, I did elaborate ones for Matthew, but it has been scaled back so much it's almost funny. I work waaay too hard at them and just can't stand it. This year, the kids all got a 9x13 pan with a cake in it!
ReplyDeleteOh well, let's hope we shine in other areas!
Glad to hear things are going pretty well, and I hope you're able to get some sleep sometime soon. It's such a hard adjustment.
BLessings, friend,
Ruth
You stress about the parties yet you always do such a good job! Yes parenting three kids is exhausting but you are doing a marvelous job of keeping it all together. Can't wait for the pics. Love b:)
ReplyDelete