Wow. We spent some time looking through videos of the last 3.5 months. It's hard to think Mebira has only been home us for 3.5 months. I love her like I love G&E, and it feels like she's been around for way longer than 3.5 months.
Arvid decided he didn't want to deal with training wheels this summer, so he just ran with her on a big girl bike. I laughed at him because I think it was more about him being cheap and not wanting to buy the training wheels than anything else, but his plan actually worked. We haven't been super diligent about getting the kids on the bikes, but he has taken them out occasionally. I haven't gone with them for a while, but tonight we went to my parent's house (about 1.5 km away) and she rode the whole way there and back. She has a bit of difficulty starting, and stops every once and awhile if she goes crazy but I can't believe she can already ride a 2-wheeler!
The other amazing thing is seeing her in the water. She LOVES it and is going to be swimming in no time. She is fearless and tries so hard to swim without her water wings. She can probably make it a foot or so, but most of the time her little bum just comes up and she stays in the same spot. It's adorable.
I continue to be amazed at how well everything is going. She is such a happy kid who sleeps well, eats well, plays well, obeys well, cleans well...we are truly blessed. I know we'll have some issues in the future, but we are soaking up every minute now!
I always find it amazing how the younger children do things so much earlier and with so much more ease than their older siblings!! Is it sibling influence, personality or is it simply that we've learned to relax our overprotective ways! Maybe we are liking the big girlnphase so much better that we encourage them to grow up a little faster!! At any rate it's great to her how well she's doing. I do believe that she too feels happiness in the coherence around her and she is soaking up all the love too! Love b
ReplyDeleteYeah! So happy to hear how well things are going! Ruhamah also is riding a two-wheeler (so far just on the grass, but is doing really well). Our girls sound so much alike. They love the water too! The pictures on your last post are terrific! Take care, ~Liesl
ReplyDelete