Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Updated pics of Mebira...Finally!


We finally got updated pictures of Mebira. I'm so excited to post them and show you what she looks like now. These are all pictures of her in the Transition House, opening the care package we left her.

I'm shocked that they didn't shave her head again (like I was expecting). Maybe they still will, or maybe I just need to get "brushed up" on how to do hair!!

We left her a backpack full of fun things, and put it in this big, blue bag. We were nervous it would get lost but I'm so glad she got it!



I love her cute smile!
Oh...the anticipation!
Cabbage Patch doll (above), crocs (bel0w)
Girly crafts (below) and a pink blanket we all took turns sleeping with.
Looks like she's getting into it now (below)
Stickers and felts (below)
A photo album with pictures of us and our home
I LOVE this picture. Her first glimpses of us...and the snow! :-)
We got her a Canada shirt and a dress...they weren't meant to be worn together, but oh well.
Playing with the mp3 player...I hope they put the earphones in!

10 comments:

  1. We are so excited for your family and of course for Mebira! She is adorable! We are so pleased that this is all coming together for you. Blessings! Love from Jason, Kristina Liv and Will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again we just wanted to say how joyous we are for you that Mebira is finally a Schimke!! Love these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, she's beautiful!!!!! And yes, she's grown so much since that first picture - the difference is amazing.

    Wow, she's just so lovely. I can't wait til you bring her home.

    We got update pictures today, too - I'll post later on my blog.

    BLessings to you and yours,

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!!!!

    Our girls used to have the same hairstyle in the transition home!!! It's like the post-shave hair lol.

    Lovely - congrats on passing court!
    'Nicky'

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a beautiful girl. Wishing you a speedy VISA. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yah!!! She's beautiful! So happy for you. Love Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww!!! I love the photos! It must feel so strange to know she is looking at your photos, taking it all in that you will be her Mommy Daddy and sisters. She is really sweet!

    Hurry up powers that be! Let's get her home!!!

    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so blessed to have and to share the gift of family. We wish you a smooth and peaceful waiting period. Love to all of you, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Teared up looking at these pics. She's beautiful!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete