Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tonight's the Night

Well, tonight while we're sleeping MOWA and the court will decide on our adoption. For details on our first court date, my friend Ruth has allowed me to link you to her blog. We all had court on the same day, and she described everything in great detail. So if you're interested, check it out here: http://ruths-rambles.blogspot.com/2011/03/judgment-day-of-court.html?utm_source=BP_recent

Do I think we'll pass tomorrow? Not really. If I took a guess, I would guess that the court will "pass" us, but that MOWA won't have our letter ready, which means the adoption won't be finalized and Mebira will not be moved to the Transition House yet. If it's better news then that, I'll be thrilled. But given the recent updates from Ethiopia, I think we'll be waiting for the MOWA letter, with no idea as to a timeline for its completion...

I mostly feel at peace right now. I have no control over this situation and have come to accept that. Feeling tense or angry or worried about it hasn't helped but to make me (and probably my family at times) miserable. I am choosing to accept that God is in control and is sovereign, and I have chosen to enjoy these days as much as I can. My previous focus was really on the adoption - on not passing court, or worrying about what it will be like when we bring her home. And I forgot to live in the moment.

Some of the things I'm thankful for:
- A great husband who has been wonderful through this adoption. From letting me vent, to dreaming with me, to speculating, to listening, he is amazing. He truly is my best friend. Just last week (when the State Department indicated delays could be up to a year) I was so frustrated...but he came home with a beautiful pandora charm and a nice, encouraging note. Isn't he a nice guy? :-)

- The girls. I'll admit, sometimes I can't handle the noise and need my breaks, but they are such a joy in my life. I love them to pieces. I am sometimes nervous about how this adoption will affect our family life...it will change for sure, so I'm trying to soak up every day.

- Friends and Family. We are surrounded by so many supportive people and it makes such a difference. People who have posted or stopped me or called or written cards and have said they're praying or sending positive vibes...all of you mean so much to me. Thanks so much!

- Our jobs. Arvid and I are blessed with wonderful jobs and wonderful places to work. Not only do we get paid, but we both enjoy what we do and who we do it with.

- Living in Canada. Ethiopia was beautiful, but man, life is good in Canada! Now if only Spring would start. :-)

Anyway, I'll update more tomorrow morning, as soon as I hear from Imagine.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you today, OF COURSE! I'll just be so glad when tomorrow arrives...it's a day almost six weeks in the making.

    Blessings, Anita. We'll talk tomorrow.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. thinking of and praying for you today/tonight! darci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wishing for good news and am praying for you and the other families.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What time are they open? I cant wait to hear good news! I am praying for all families that are going through court!

    ReplyDelete