I am so excited to be able to post the news that we passed court today!
While I was dropping off the girls at school I got a call from our adoption agency, saying that we had received the MOWA letter. I am sooo thrilled! I was able to pull the girls out of their classrooms and told them in the hallway while I broke down in tears.
I am at work now (good thing I have a very understanding boss who knows I need to tell the world before I get busy) so I don't have any pictures on this computer to post. I will be sure to do that as soon as we get home.
As a recap for those of you who may have missed my last few posts, we now need to wait for the court documents, passport and birth certificate to get to Canadian Citizenship and Immigration in Nairobi (this will take about 4-5 weeks). After that, it's up to CIC to issue the visa. We're hoping this whole process will take 3-4 months, meaning that we'll be able to pick her up in June/July...I hope.
OK, I should get back to it here...thanks for your support through all of the ups and downs! This is definitely the best "up" we've had!!!
Praise the Lord! That was much faster than expected Monday. I can't wait to see your sweet little Mebira. We'll keep praying for a speedy process on the rest.
ReplyDeleteA big congrats to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! How wonderful that you are now on your last leg of the wait (and it should be the shortest leg too!)
ReplyDeleteThat is the best news I have heard all week! So happy for your family!! I can't wait to see more pictures of your precious new daughter!! xoxo Tammy
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I hope your wait time is faster then the average. I can't wait to see pictures either...
ReplyDeleteKelly
Hurray! Another grandchild to love!! So looking forward to her arrival!! God's timing is always best.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, Anita!!!! Amazing news!!!! Hope everything else goes quickly for you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteClaire
Congratulations !
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Schimke family! This is fantastic news indeed! This is going to be the BEST summer EVER!
ReplyDeleteI'm sending you all big hugs across cyberspace (if there were an APP for that... trust me I'd be using it right now for sure!). Hang in there for this last part of your journey - know we are all praying for you.
With lots of love and respect,
Ms. D