Friday, March 18, 2011

Confession Friday, March 18

Well, this is my first Confession Friday post...hmmm...let me think...

- I confess I had a really tough week last week. I am not one who easily rolls with the punches, and this time the punches knocked me down. I found it hard to see how having Mebira stay in an orphanage longer could be part of anyone's plan, least of all God's. However, after much wrestling, some tears, lots of reading and praying I feel like I've come through it a bit. I am choosing to wait on God and His timing, and have acknowledged that He is God and I am not. I feel much more at peace now, although I still REALLY want to pass court on Monday.

- I confess that I often compare myself to those who were just before us...those who passed court the first time and were able to travel 2 months later to pick up their kids, and those who passed court 2 days before us, and those who passed a few days after us. Although I am happy for them, it is a fast way to get myself feeling grumpy again, if that makes any sense. Sometimes, though, I compare myself to those who don't have referrals yet or those who are still waiting for court dates...and it makes me smarten up. (Not to make anyone in that position feel bad...I am just thankful we have a referral, etc.)

- I confess that Starbucks mochas and Second Cup skinny vanilla bean lattes are starting to taste pretty darn good again...sigh

- I confess that my favourite cold drink in the world is 1/2 coke with 1/2 coke zero. Yum!

- I confess that my mood is very weather dependent. If it's sunny, I'm happy, if it's cloudy and cold it's amazing how much harder it is for me. Good thing we live in sunny Alberta! :-)

- I confess that I really don't like the phone, but I LOVE email. I am generally OK to talk on the phone before 3, but after 3 I dread every time it rings. Arvid and I usually fight over who has to answer it, and normally no one wins so the phone just gets ignored. The best way to get in touch with me after 3 is via email or text. :-)

- I confess that I have 40 youth kids from church coming over for a progressive dinner tonight and I haven't even started getting ready yet...I better get cracking!

2 comments:

  1. I will be thinking of you and the other families who have court on Monday! I am confident the judge has been effective with her words to MOWA and your letters will all be there!

    (((HUGS)))

    CLaire

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, ok I get it...no more phone calls after three...will be thinking of you all night Sunday hoping for good news...b:)

    ReplyDelete