Saturday, March 2, 2013

Need a laugh?

A few years ago I attended a women's retreat where they brought in a comedian, Tim Hawkins, for a late night comedy show.  I remember thinking he was really funny and was reminded of him this week when I heard one of his jokes on the radio.  I ended up finding various clips on youtube and showing it to the hubby, and we watched clip after clip and laughed so hard until we had tears in our eyes.

It turns out that you can buy his DVDs online, or just download a digital copy for $5.  Let me tell you that this is money well spent.  He is a Christian man so his jokes are clean, and although he does have some church jokes in there I think he's hilarious whether you're a Christian or not.  We downloaded our first one last night and again laughed until we almost cried.  We are for sure going to get all of them - it's the same cost as renting a movie but it's absolutely wholesome and clean fun...we truly have not laughed like that in years.

My only disclaimer is that I recommend watching only a few youtube links...quite a few are available for free, but they are portions of the DVD and are much funnier when they're in the context of the whole thing.

But, just so you get a sample, I've included one of my favourites.  I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I was laughing so hard... and my daughter was standing there beside me saying, "What is he talking about?" Oh man, I've spliced, taped and rewound so many cassettes in my time! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete