Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmastime was here

In case you were wondering, we didn't do a Christmas letter or cards this year.  I'm not exactly sure why...I just wasn't very inspired.  So no, you're not on the naughty list...I was the naughty one.  :-)

This year was probably the best Christmas ever.  The kids were old enough to stay up late and not be grumpy the next day, yet they still were young enough to be super excited.  Here are some pictures to sum up the last few weeks:

I've mentioned before about our favourite snacky suppers around the tree that we try to do at least once a week in December.  I'll start with that:

Mebira, putting together a veggie plate for our snacky supper.

December 23rd...almost Christmas!


We each pick a Christmas carol or two, blast the tunes and sing along.

Yes, it's December 23rd but I thought we could sneak in one present early.  :-)

Christmas Eve - the big night for our family.  Here we are at my brother and sis-in-law's house with my side of the family.  Such a fun evening!

The newest member of our extended family, Jasper.

Reading the Christmas story...on an ipad.  That was a first.  :-)

The girls and their wonderful cousins.

Our happy family.

Time to dive right in.  Mebira got a ton of Barbie stuff!

G got an e-reader for Christmas - a big highlight.

An ipod dock - a huge hit.

Christmas morning stockings

Mmmmmm....Christmas morning breakfast with fresh berries, cinnamon buns, and bacon!

We saved a present for Christmas Day.

This Christmas has been great because M and E are so happy playing with Barbie stuff all day, and G is reading and reading and reading on her e-reader!

Some rare downtime for E.

G and her e-reader.

Mebira got a few Barbie colouring books and has been colouring for HOURS over the holidays.  This is her favourite place to colour...on the floor.

Arvid and I were a little stressed to make the turkey.  Thankfully, it seemed to turn out quite nicely.

Before dinner Caesar with my bro-in-law!

Arvid and his sister, Lynelle.  We are sad that their parents are no longer around to celebrate with us, but we are so happy to keep up the Schimke tradition each year.

Eric provided some much needed instruction on carving the turkey!

We play charades in order to determine who gets to open presents first...if you can get it right then you get to open first!

The 7 girl cousins hanging out.

So proud to have such amazing nieces and daughters!

No comments:

Post a Comment