We are blessed with the two most amazing nephews on my side, and the four most amazing nieces on Arvid's side. For years and years and years now (I would say at least 8 or more) we have been trading dates with Arvid's sister and brother-in-law. What that means is that they will take our girls overnight and we go out and have a super long date, and the next time we take their girls overnight and they have a date...usually at Joey's. (I had to throw that in for you, L :-) )
Last weekend we had the privilege of having our four nieces over...which made the female to male ratio in our house 8 to 1! :-) Things have changed a lot in the last eight years since we started this...our oldest niece is now 15 and doing things like playgrounds or Chuck E Cheese don't quite hold the same excitement. I admit that I was a bit apprehensive about it this time because I wanted it to be fun for everyone, but I also knew that I had to do some work once the younger ones were in bed and I didn't want the older ones to feel bored.
I shouldn't have worried - we had such a fun night! (It was extra special because all we have
left of this side of the family is their family and ours as Arvid's
grandparents and parents are no longer with us.) Our girls LOVE their cousins and it is so fun to watch them in pure happiness and adoration as they interact. We started out by having supper together, then we walked to the nearest 7-11 for some candy. (Isn't that what aunts are supposed to do? Plus I craved some candy. :-) ) We ended the evening with some popcorn, America's Got Talent and trampoline time. And getting ready for church the next morning was actually pretty easy (once we woke the sleepyhead ups)...the older ones helped do hair for the younger ones...my how times have changed.
 |
| On our way to 7-11 |
 |
| And this was even before they had sugar! |
 |
| The seven beautiful cousins |
 |
| Mmmmmm.....candy...I didn't realize $2 a kid would stretch quite so far. :-) |
J, J, J, J, I am so proud of each of you and so glad that I get to be your aunt! Thanks for being such amazing cousins to our girls and I look forward to making many more memories together.
WOW. All very beautiful girls. WE do cousin nights at our house to and they have a blast with the older ones doing hair and nails. How blessed we are. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is a stunning picture of the seven girls. They are so lucky. I never had cousins and neither do my girls. Looks like so much fun. G , E and M are lucky they will ave such great role models and mentors as they get older. Love b:)
ReplyDelete