I've been struggling a bit this week. I have no particular reason, but have felt a mixture of grumpiness, restlessness, mild depression...and I have no idea why. Hormonal issues shouldn't be coming into play, and nothing bad has been happening. Maybe it's SADD or just the January blues...I don't know. It's been absolutely FREEZING here (one day it was a high of -29C) but I barely went outside so it didn't affect me too much.
I've tried a few of my favorites to cheer myself up - a little chocolate, some shopping, a vanilla bean latte, a few bubble baths, thinking of an exciting upcoming trip we have and although those all help a little bit they haven't done the trick.
Today I heard this song on the radio and it reminded me of a slide show that my nieces did to this song and I got all weepy. They put it together shortly after Arvid's dad died and filled it with pictures of him and the family. It is a song with such powerful meaning and is a great reminder that we don't always get what we pray for but that there is a better purpose and plan behind it. I've been wrestling a lot in the last week or two with prayer and this again gave me such a new perspective on what we pray for and what may be going on when our prayers aren't answered the way we want them to be.
It was also a great reminder to me that this world is not our home. These temporary things we focus on are just temporary and although they help a bit they are not going to bring us eternal satisfaction. Anyway, regardless of your religious beliefs I hope you watch this video ...I think it's pretty powerful.
What a beautiful song. To me it reminds me that everything can be looked at from any perspective. It's really about what you make of your life and not what you expect from it. I think that the cold affects you much more than you'll admit my friend. a little sunshine will clearvthose blues away love b:)
ReplyDeleteHello sweet Anita..I am just catching up on my reading now...I can't hear the song yet bc for now we r all in the same room...but just raying that your time away has and will be restorative for you..
ReplyDeleteIt is so hard to accept so much of this of this life/world..bbut u are so right that this world is not our home..praise God! Praying today for you, friend! Love darc