Sunday was December 4th and it was a bittersweet day. On one hand, we celebrated that Mebira has been home in our family for six months. Can you believe it? Sometimes it feels like she's been here forever, and other times it feels like she just got here.
December 4th was also the day that Arvid's mom passed away, 16 years ago. I never had a chance to meet her as she passed away the year before Arvid and I became friends, but she seemed like an amazing woman. This summer, while going through some of Arvid's dad's things, we came across a book from her funeral. Someone (thank you to whoever did this!) had friends and family write letters or memories about her and then they put it in a beautiful album. I had the privilege to read through this book and I basically sobbed for an hour straight. I mourned what could have been, I mourned for the family and their loss of not only their mom but their dad as well, and I mourned that she seemed so amazing yet I never had a chance to meet her. One theme that came up a few times was her love for little African babies. How excited she would have been to welcome Mebira into our family!
Our pastor had a sermon on hope this past Sunday. Christmas is a tough time of year for so many people. Again, I was reminded that we have hope! One day we will be reunited with our loved ones and one day there will be no more tears, fears or pain. For those of you struggling this Christmas season, I wish you God's comfort and hope!!
What a bittersweet day. Cherish your parents. They are amazing. Cherish your family, finally complete. Cherish your memories too. And know that I cherish you. Love b:)
ReplyDelete