Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fall Leaves

From what I can gather, trees don't drop their leaves in Wolayta, where Mebira is from. Now I'm no botanist, and this is from the mouth of a five year old, but she at least doesn't remember leaves falling like they do here. We've had lots of conversations over the last few weeks about the pretty colours they turn, and then as it gets cold they drop their leaves and stay bare until the spring and then leaves grow again.

Yesterday I was working out and watching The Biggest Loser. I'm sorry if you don't like that show, but I find it motivating to see them sweat and scream while I'm sweating and screaming. :-) The girls have lots of toys in the basement and putter around while I'm down there. One of the trainers is an African American who happens to be bald. Mebira looked at him for a while and then asked me if his hair fell off because of the cold, too. Haha - I got a good kick out of that one and thought I'd share with you. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's cute. My son (years ago) asked a bald greeter at the church why he takes his hair off to come to church. Kids are great.

    Elsie Hiebert

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny. Much better than some other comments that day?!? Lol. Love b:)

    ReplyDelete